Tuesday, December 24, 2013

IN BRAIN CANCER, THE INTRICACY OF THE RAC AND RICS GENES, THEIR DANCE WITH THE TIAM1

There is no underdog gene or gene not fully recognized for its power than RAC-1. yet it is a pivotal gene.  RAC-1 belongs to the Rho family of GTPases and therefore is a Protein kinase activators or enabling molecule.  RAC-1, like any powerful gene, will get its power through its interactions.  Through PAK1, it talks to Raf (Vemurafenib's target ) but it is through RICS and TIAM1 that it reaches its full metastasis potentials in virulent cancers.  Of course I am not going to Hide my penchant for the Wnt and the NOTCH genes, but this RAC-1 puzzles me  (to no end, they say) when it comes to Brain tumors! tell me if I am on the right track...of course you also know about this gene that help (lipid) layers to go to their exact locations in the brain, it intrigues me also...let reconvene on this soon now!  We are zeroing in!

No comments: