Sunday, January 27, 2013

OVEREXPRESSION OF SQLE GENE ON CHROMOSOME 8,  MARKER OF PROLIFERATION?

One of the gene marked as proliferation genes is the SQLE, This gene located  at 8q24 was puzzling to me because it has a role in Sterol Biosynthesis.  I wonder why this gene was in the proliferation section.  Then it occurs to me that new cells need new cellular membranes.  Of course, you need to over-express this.
I should confess that sterol biosynthesis is a tremendous opportunity for cancer cure because research is advanced in this area.  I know the Trypanosome has been fought through this media.  Silencing SQLE.  Who would have thought....!

SPEAKING SLEEPING SICKNESS, MEDICATIONS USED TO TREAT THIS DISEASE INCLUDE ARSENIC DERIVATIVES.  IN AN EFFORT TO POTENTIATE THE ARSENICALS, COMBINATION WITH DFMO HAD BEEN TRIED, I WONDER IF ONE CAN USE THIS COMBINATION FOR TREATMENT IN ACUTE PROMYELOCYTIC LEUKEMIA?  WILL LOOK INTO THIS!

No comments: