- Maintain normal weight for adults (body mass index 20-25 kg/m2)
- Reduce salt intake to < 100 mmol/day (< 6g NaCl or <2.4 g Na+/day)
- Limit alcohol consumption to ≤ 3 units/day for men and ≤ 2 units/day for women
- Engage in regular aerobic physical exercise (brisk walking rather than weightlifting) for ≥ 30 minutes per day, ideally on most of days of the week but at least on three days of the week
- Consume at least five portions/day of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Reduce the intake of total and saturated fat============================================FOR BREAST CANCER PATIENTS, REDUCING CARBOHYDRATE INCREASES DISEASE FREE PROGRESSION MEANING ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED PRIMARY TREATMENT, YOU STAY FREE OF DISEASE LONGER IF YOU TAKE LESS CARBOHYDRATES. THIS HAS BEEN VALIDATED!
Saturday, December 22, 2012
Lifestyle measures (FROM THE BRITISH HYPERTENSION GUIDELINES)